1   17
1   37
4   71
1   38
7   78
3   51
12   71

21 things I have learned in 21 years.

IMG-7756.JPG

How overwhelming is turning 21? Very. I have been dreading my birthday simply because 21 is such a scary age to turn. I think we all feel like this about turning 21, it is such a special age and it really does mean that I am an adult. I would much rather be coming home from school to play Pokemon on my DS and not be coming back from uni to write my dissertation, *sigh*.

My birthday was on the 3rd January and I spent 4th-7th in Paris. Paris and Disneyland blog posts are coming soon! My birthday was a very special and I had a lovely day with my family and boyfriend. Lets get on to this blog post now. I have learned so much in 21 years, the list is endless but I decided to share with you today 21 random things I have learned in my life so far. Not just what I have learned, but what I now know, realise and understand too.

21 things I have learned in my life:

1. Your parents always realise who your true friends are before you do.
  2. A dogs can be your best friend.
  3. Family runs deeper than blood.
  4. True love does exist.
  5. Animals should not be eaten.
  6. Mental illness is nothing to be ashamed of.
  7. Black Lives Matter.
  8. Learn a hobby whilst young and keep it up.
  9. Japan is a beautiful country but the laws are horrific.
  10. Not everyone is as kind as me.
  11. War is pointless.
  12. Not everyone will treat you the way you deserve to be treated.
  13. I am proud to be Black British
  14. Disneyland is where dreams really do come true.
  15. Learning another language is an amazing thing do to.
  16. Quality not quantity when it comes to friendships.
  17. Concerts/Gigs will always make you feel alive.
  18. Dance is a sport and it is hard but amazing.
  19. The world is corrupt.
  20. A cup a tea can immediately make you feel better.
  21. Work harder now so your future self will thank you for it later.

Thank you for reading. A lot of these are political and my personal opinion and obviously do not mean to offend anyone! We are all different. However, I would like to know what you think of them? Let me know in the comments!

Sharnah x

If you would like to read my previous post “What I got for Christmas 2018” then feel free to do so!

canva-photo-editor (13) (1).jpg

Share:

16 Comments

1. January 9, 2019 / 9:00 pm

Such a sweet post Shar! I agree learning another language is wonderful. I want to refresh my mind in Spanish. Wishing you a beautiful and happy birthday too 🎂

Natonya | https://justnatonya.wordpress.com/

2. bingingonabudget
    January 9, 2019 / 9:34 pm

Great post, which of these would you say is the most important?

3. January 9, 2019 / 9:55 pm

I love this! My dog is definitely one of my best friends! I wish I’d been forced to stick with a hobby when I was younger and forced to learn another language. I really want to pick one up now but I find it so much harder to make it stick as I get older. I hope you had the best time at Disney, I can’t wait to read the posts x

Sophie

4. venus aby
    January 10, 2019 / 4:54 pm

Love this post! I agree so much with what you said, especially numbers 3, 6, 7 and 16!

5. January 10, 2019 / 5:05 pm

I totally agree with SO many of these! Especially the Disneyland one and that you should keep up with your hobbies, I danced from the age of 3 until I was 17 and now I’m 23 I regret giving it up so much I’d do anything to go back and change it. It’s also true that your parents realise about true friends before you do, my Mom always used to tell me about a few people when I was younger and I didn’t listen but she was right all along!

Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com
    xx

6. January 10, 2019 / 5:45 pm

Lovely post with lots of thoughtful things. Dogs are such great friends– easily cheer you up when feeling down. Dancing is hard– I like to imagine I can do it but I really can’t. When you see others do it though it looks so good. And working hard now definitely helps your future– it’s good motivation to work now.
    I hope you had a great birthday!! 💕

7. January 10, 2019 / 6:26 pm

Happy 21st Shar! I hope you had a lovely time in Disneyland, looking forward to reading your post. These are great lessons, a cup a tea can immediately make you feel better is 100% true! I agree, live music always makes me feel alive and hard will always pay off. Fab post, thank you for sharing! <3 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

8. January 10, 2019 / 8:17 pm

Happy *belated* birthday! I hope you had a fab time in Disneyland – I loved it there. I have to agree turning 21 is daunting but its just another number, you can still have fun 🙂 It’s also scary how your parents figure out your real friends before you to, but I suppose its all rose tinted glasses until you eventually take them off to see the real person.

9. January 10, 2019 / 8:17 pm

Tea is always the answer to all problems! Youve learned a lot of things in 21 years and it’s scary being 21, but it’s also a really good year as well! ☺️

10. January 10, 2019 / 8:18 pm

Hope you had a fab time in Paris!

I wholeheartedly agree with point 20, a cup of tea can make you feel immediately better and quite literally solve everything

Here’s to chapter 21 of your life 🥂

Fran | http://www.franciscarockey.co.uk

11. January 10, 2019 / 8:27 pm

These are some great ones to remember! Especially the one about parents and friends – I totally thought it was a load of rubbish and could pick my own friends until my mum said from the off that she didn’t like/trust certain friends, and then they turned out to be horrible or do nasty things! Parents’ intuition I suppose!
    Rhianna x

12. January 10, 2019 / 8:36 pm

I 100% agree that a cup of tea can make everything better! Happy birthday, and I hope you get to pet plenty of doggos X

Nic | nicprks.com

13. January 10, 2019 / 8:51 pm

Happy 21st Birthday!! I can definitely relate to parents knowing who your real friends are before yourself does!! I also agree that Disneyland is the most magical place ever and I can not wait to go back!!

Vikki | http://planetvikkiblog.wordpress.com

14. January 11, 2019 / 3:57 am

I love this list! Happy belated birthday—I hope that 21 is filled with fun and adventure, and less stress. Cheers!

Leave a Reply!