How overwhelming is turning 21? Very. I have been dreading my birthday simply because 21 is such a scary age to turn. I think we all feel like this about turning 21, it is such a special age and it really does mean that I am an adult. I would much rather be coming home from school to play Pokemon on my DS and not be coming back from uni to write my dissertation, *sigh*.
My birthday was on the 3rd January and I spent 4th-7th in Paris. Paris and Disneyland blog posts are coming soon! My birthday was a very special and I had a lovely day with my family and boyfriend. Lets get on to this blog post now. I have learned so much in 21 years, the list is endless but I decided to share with you today 21 random things I have learned in my life so far. Not just what I have learned, but what I now know, realise and understand too.
21 things I have learned in my life:
- Your parents always realise who your true friends are before you do.
- A dogs can be your best friend.
- Family runs deeper than blood.
- True love does exist.
- Animals should not be eaten.
- Mental illness is nothing to be ashamed of.
- Black Lives Matter.
- Learn a hobby whilst young and keep it up.
- Japan is a beautiful country but the laws are horrific.
- Not everyone is as kind as me.
- War is pointless.
- Not everyone will treat you the way you deserve to be treated.
- I am proud to be Black British
- Disneyland is where dreams really do come true.
- Learning another language is an amazing thing do to.
- Quality not quantity when it comes to friendships.
- Concerts/Gigs will always make you feel alive.
- Dance is a sport and it is hard but amazing.
- The world is corrupt.
- A cup a tea can immediately make you feel better.
- Work harder now so your future self will thank you for it later.
Thank you for reading. A lot of these are political and my personal opinion and obviously do not mean to offend anyone! We are all different. However, I would like to know what you think of them? Let me know in the comments!
If you would like to read my previous post “What I got for Christmas 2018” then feel free to do so!