How to Find Some Direction in Your Life

Are you severely lacking direction in your life right now? If so, you should do what you can to find direction and learn more about what the best way forward in life for you is. It’s important to be true to yourself and find the way forward in life that you feel works for you. Read on now to find out how you can discover some much-needed direction.

IMG-5758.JPG

Go Back to Basics

Taking things back to basics really can help a lot when you’re trying to find the right direction for yourself in life. It always makes sense to think about what really matters to you and what doesn’t because that’s when you learn more about yourself and what you want to be spending your time on. By getting the fundamentals right, you’ll be able to get everything else right eventually too. A great book for figuring out what actually matters to you is The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F**k by Sarah Knight, this book is a MUST READ and needs to go on your Christmas list.

Learn From Your Past Mistakes

We all make mistakes in life, and those past mistakes can teach us a lot about our futures and the direction in which we should take things in going forward. Maybe you thought you knew what career you wanted and now you’re doubting it. Those mistakes that led you to choose the wrong career can be learnt from so that you can avoid falling into the same traps again.

Think About Where Your Passions Lie

Everyone has passions that are unique and particular to them, and that’s no bad thing. You should think about your passions and what actually makes you excited in life. Once you know where those passions lie, you can start finding ways to improve your life and career that allow you to focus on those passions more in the future.

See What a Psychic Tells You

If you’re really out of ideas and you want to know what the future holds for you, you could always turn to an Online Psychic Reading. You might end up learning a lot about yourself and your future. It could make you think and question the assumptions you had about your life and future in general. I have always wanted to do something like this!

Don’t be Afraid of a Fresh Start

Pursuing a fresh start is never a bad thing when you feel like your life is on the wrong track and you’re lacking direction in it. But the idea of starting over and going back to the beginning is too scary and daunting for many people. You should overcome that fear and remember that a fresh start means new opportunities and it’s not something to be scared of. You can purse a fresh start in so many different ways too, but I think I will leave that for another blog post!

It’s easier said than done to find direction in your life, but if it’s something that you know you need help with, the tips and ideas above will help you to find it in the end (hopefully). There are so many people out there lacking in direction, but don’t become another person who just coasts along blindly because it doesn’t need to be that way.

Sharnah xx

Share:

9 Comments

1. November 25, 2018 / 1:20 pm

Sharnah how uplifting was this post for me!❤️ Sometimes I feel like I need a fresh start to get that kick of energy in writing new content for my blog. I also feel like I care way too much about what my family thinks, I’m always looking for their approval. I need to grab that book, thanks for the recommendation.

Natonya | https://www.justnatonya.wordpress.com

2. November 25, 2018 / 8:28 pm

I’ve heard of the Sarah Knight book, but I haven’t read it. I also think it’s important to learn from past mistakes. As I set my intentions for 2019, I’m thinking what I’m going to do differently based on my mistakes.

3. November 25, 2018 / 8:35 pm

incredible post, there are seasons of life that I feel most people are lacking direction but that it also the same season of life where you have the most freedom to find that direction. For me it’s your 20s when I think most people lack direction but have an open field to find it. these tips are so helpful, i have some friends in mind that this post would really help and i’m going to share it with them! x

mich / simplymich.com

4. November 25, 2018 / 8:38 pm

YES – sort of! (in terms of your question you asked in the first line!) Since graduating from uni it’s been a bit of a limbo between applying + doing coding side projects to beautify my online portfolio 🙂

Something I realized is that setting myself a schedule – like hour by hour- in my planner really helps with my productivity. Since I’m so used to the university environment, setting times for things have been really helpful in making sure I’m on some sort of track.

YES! Mistakes are building blocks and shouldn’t really be something we constantly thing about in a negative way (easier said than done). It’s always great to find a positive in everything, it definitely helps with keeping a happier mood 🙂

YES PASSIONS! Your passions are what make you YOU. There’s the saying that if you love what you do for work, it doesn’t feel like work. I feel like once you find out what thing(s) you’re passionate about and then find a way that you can mix your passions + career together you’re golden!

A fresh start is honestly sometimes just what you need! Sometimes you need to take back the wheel and go on a different path and that’s totally okay. You shouldn’t feel like you’re trapped in one “lane” just because you’re afraid to “start over” in a new lane.

I really love this post!

Sahara

5. November 25, 2018 / 8:46 pm

This was such a good read! I agree that sometimes we think we know what career we want and then when we get there it’s not what we thought it would be and then we’re left feeling unsure of what we’ll do for the rest of our lives until retirement! Hopefully this will help a lot of people!

Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com
    xx

6. Rhi Campbell
    November 25, 2018 / 9:10 pm

This is totally true, and the post comes at a great time for me too! I’m currently in the process of trying to step back and look at where I am and where I want to be, and I think 2019 will have some exciting things in store for me! A little scared, but excited too!

Rhianna x

7. November 25, 2018 / 9:28 pm

I loved reading this post, it’s important to know what sort of direction you want to take your life, but it may not be what you expect and that’s ok, that’s how lessons are learnt! Great post! x

Lucy | http://www.lucymary.co.uk

8. November 28, 2018 / 9:58 am

This is such an inspirational post Shar! I actually have Sarah Knight’s book but haven’t got round to reading it yet, reading this has given me some motivation to get started. I agree, sometimes a fresh start is exactly what we need to rediscover what we want to do with our life. Learning from our mistakes is how we make progress. Thank you for sharing, such a well-written and helpful post <3 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com