🌸 How it feels to turn 20 🌸

I am officially 20 years old! And I really really really do not feel 20! 20!? I have literally just stopped playing Mario Kart on my DS to come and write this… I turned 20 on the 3rd Jan, I didn’t do much to celebrate I just spent time with my family and boyfriend and went to my favourite restaurant. I am super grateful for the gifts I received and everyone who wished me a happy birthday.

“How does it feel to be 20?”, it feels pretty rubbish. Your 20th birthday isn’t really anything special and throughout the day I kept thinking to myself “oh my god I am actually 20, wow I really need to sort myself out” when actually now I think about it…I am doing pretty good. I mean, how much should you have achieved by the time you turn 20? This will be different for everyone. There is no point me explaining what I have achieved and why I am proud this because you should never compare your life to other people’s. This is what I used to do… I used to think “wow they have moved out already” for example. People achieve things at different times, at different ages and for different reasons and this is something I need to remind myself and something you should remind yourselves.

“How does it feel to be 20?”, It feels scary, if I am getting older, that also means my family is getting older. It also means that I am halfway through my 2nd year of university, that I am 20 years away from 40, 40 years away from 60!!

“How does it feel to be 20?” taking more of a positive approach, I feel blessed that I am still here and made it through the bad times and the good times and that I know I can make it through even more bad times and good times.

How did it feel for you guys when you turned 20? Let me know.

xx

36 Comments

1. January 6, 2018 / 9:52 pm

I turned 20 last October but until now I’m figuring out what should I do differently. Lol it’s very weird but one of my goal was to get a job and I’m proud I’ve done that. I don’t know what’s next after that 😅🤦‍♀️

• January 6, 2018 / 9:56 pm

It is a very weird age isn’t it😂 well done for getting a job and thank you for reading❤️

• January 6, 2018 / 9:59 pm

It is very weird, it’s like you’re an adult but not really. Lol

2. January 7, 2018 / 12:37 am

Happy belated birthday Sharnah! 20 is such a weird age, I’m so glad I’ve finally moved on from it now haha! I definitely agree with your perspective that age is basically only a number and everyone classes achievements differently, and you should never look at what other people are achieving at your age and focus your energy on what you’re doing! Good luck with the rest of uni and I hope you enjoy being 20 before the big 2 1 comes along!

Jenny x

• January 7, 2018 / 10:42 pm

Thank youuu❤️ yeah deffo, it’s so important to be proud of your own achievements too! Thanks!!! I cannot wait to turn 21👌🏽💖

3. January 7, 2018 / 2:46 am

Happy birthday!

4. January 8, 2018 / 8:48 am

Ahhh congrats you’re no longer a teenager! I’m turning 21 in February, I have definitely taken the route of just winging whatever’s thrown at me and hope for the best! x x

• January 9, 2018 / 2:37 pm

winging sounds like the best idea tbh!! xx

• January 12, 2018 / 1:55 pm

thanks for the advice!! x

5. January 11, 2018 / 8:31 pm

I didn\’t want to turn 20 I was like \’omg I\’m not going to be a teenager anymore!\’ but like you said you don\’t just grow up and stop playing Mario Kart overnight! I spent my 21st in Disneyland the perfect way to say I still have a childish side and that doesn\’t bother me!
    I\’m 22 now and still haven\’t moved out so honestly? don\’t worry about it we\’ll all get there in our own time, you\’ve got a loving family and boyfriend and that\’s what really matters in life!
    I hope you had a good birthday!
    Jess xx

• January 12, 2018 / 2:05 pm

omg I am planning on spending my 21st in Disneyland aswell haha I couldn\’t think of a better way to spend it! Yes that is very true!! Thanks so much and thanks for your comment!! xx

• January 12, 2018 / 3:35 pm

Yes omg do it! It was one of my best birthdays ever! We met so many characters and the fireworks show was spectacular it made my day xx

6. Emma
    January 11, 2018 / 8:31 pm

I don\’t think I can remember that far back to being 20 haha, I\’m 33 this year the one thing I remember was being really content. Happy belated birthday x

Emma x http://www.bookinggoodread.com

7. January 11, 2018 / 8:51 pm

I can totally relate! I turned 21 in December and I still feel exactly the same as I did when I was 17 – I don\’t know if that feeling will ever change as I get older hahah xx

Rachel | kyvbey.blogspot.com

• January 12, 2018 / 2:16 pm

I have felt the same for a few years now, it is a very strange feeling! xx

8. January 11, 2018 / 8:57 pm

To be honest I\’m not really looking forward to turning 20 in March… ahhh! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this though, great read!

• January 12, 2018 / 2:21 pm

Thank you for reading!! x

9. January 11, 2018 / 9:28 pm

Hope you had a good birthday! x

10. January 11, 2018 / 9:40 pm

I turned 20 in August and it feels weird; you feel like you should be mature and know exactly what you\’re doing with life but you still are pretty clueless x

• January 12, 2018 / 2:33 pm

yeah exactly :/ haha! x

11. January 12, 2018 / 8:46 pm

I\’m turning 20 in a month and I can\’t wait. Although I\’m scared to get older I\’m looking forward to all the things to come in my 20s.

• January 12, 2018 / 8:57 pm

Yeah that is how I feel too! x

12. Lisa\'s Notebook
    January 15, 2018 / 8:46 pm

I\’m not going to tell you how old I am but suffice it to say that my turning 20 was a very loooooong time ago, haha. But I do remember thinking that it was no big deal, my 21st was much more of a milestone. I think you\’re absolutely right, though, \”you should never compare your life to other people’s.\” This is such a great maxim to live by. I really enjoyed this post, thank you for sharing! X

Lisa | http://www.lisasnotebook.com

• January 18, 2018 / 9:36 pm

thank you for reading and commenting lovely x

• January 18, 2018 / 9:37 pm

That is true! and thank you!! x

13. January 18, 2018 / 9:26 pm

LOved the post and i hope you had an amazing bday ! Xx Talia

• January 21, 2018 / 6:45 pm

14. January 18, 2018 / 10:36 pm

Haha, I can totally relate with you on the anxiety of turning a year older and yes it’s so easy to compare your accomplishments to others but I guess that’s where we need to look at the positive side! Happy Belated birthday! ♥️

15. January 19, 2018 / 7:46 pm

Happy belated birthday!! I turn 20 in May and I\’m a little nervous about it haha, but you\’re right. It\’s no good comparing to other people (I\’m slowly learning to stop doing that) we\’ve just got to do our own thing and enjoy it!

Vicky x

• January 21, 2018 / 6:46 pm

yeah exactly, we just gotta do our own thing! and thank you!! xx

Leave a Reply!